The SBA stopped accepting new SVO Grant applications on August 20, 2021. The SBA is currently reviewing submitted SVO Grant applications and issuing awards. As of September 13, 2021, the SBA had made decisions on 94% of all applications. SVO Grant program reports, which detail the number of applications submitted and awards granted, and lists of SVO Grant recipients are available at SBA.gov.
Latest SVO Grant Statistics:
(as of midday September 13, 2021)
- 17,643 SVO Grant applications submitted
- New (SBA has not yet begun review): 163
- In review (SBA is actively reviewing): 874
- Awarded (notice of award issued): 11,905
- Declined (notice of decline issued): 4,701
- $13.3 billion in funding requested
- 11,905 SVO Grants awarded
- 4,340 – Live Venue Operators or Promoters
- 3,119 – Live Performing Arts Organization Operators
- 1,281 – Talent Representatives
- 1,545 – Motion Picture Theatre Operators
- 746 – Museum Operators
- 874 – Theatrical Producers
- $9.7 billion in funding awarded
- Average SVO Grant awarded: $811,000
For more information on the SVO Grant program, please visit Front and Center: SVO Grants though the SBA.
* * * * *
Proskauer’s cross-disciplinary, cross-jurisdictional Coronavirus Response Team is focused on supporting and addressing client concerns. We will continue to evaluate the CARES Act, the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021, the American Rescue Plan Act, related rules and regulations and any subsequent legislation to provide our clients guidance in real time. Please visit our Coronavirus Resource Center for guidance on risk management measures, practical steps businesses can take and resources to help manage ongoing operations.